ATM CARD and ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NOTICE: These terms and conditions relate to the use by You of your ATM card if you have one, including without limitation point-of-sale transactions effected through use of your ATM card, and to other electronic transfers to or from your account(s) that are governed by the federal electronic fund transfer act, including but not limited to direct deposits and automatic payments to or from your account(s). Please refer to the general rules and regulations for your account(s) for other information relating to those account(s). Please refer to your credit card terms and conditions for information concerning use of your credit cards or use of the credit card functions of your combination ATM card and credit card.
These terms and conditions consist of 3 parts - basic disclosures, customer agreement, and a consumer schedule of service charges and fees, which is provided separately. Be sure to read all parts before signing or using your ATM card.
To the extent applicable, references in these terms and conditions to (i) "checking accounts" will include share draft accounts, NOW accounts and other similar transaction accounts, (ii) "savings accounts" will include share accounts, and money market deposit accounts, (iii) "checks" will include share drafts and negotiable orders of withdrawal, and (iv) "customer" will include member.
1. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your ATM Card or Personal Identification Number ("PIN") has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account plus your maximum line of credit, if you have one. If you tell us within 2 business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your ATM Card without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your ATM Card or PIN, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your ATM Card without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
2. If you believe your ATM Card or PIN has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call the phone number or write to the address shown on the front page of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Our business days are shown on the front page of these Terms and Conditions. Holidays are not included.
4. If you have a ATM Card and maintain checking or savings accounts with us, you may use your ATM Card to:
(a) Withdraw cash from your checking or savings accounts;
(b) Make deposits to your checking or savings accounts;
(c) Pay certain bills at ATM ATMhines either by check or directly from your checking account;
(d) Have your checks validated at places that have agreed to accept the ATM Card;
(e) Make purchases or withdrawals at certain merchant locations by means of an electronic charge to your checking account; and
(f) Receive a cash advance from your line of credit, if you have one.
If you have both checking and savings accounts with us, you may use your ATM Card to transfer funds between those accounts.
If, in addition, you have a ATM Card that is also a credit card you may use your ATM Card to obtain credit card advances and, if you desire, to have those advances deposited directly into your checking or savings accounts.
Some of the services described in this paragraph may not be available at all terminals or offered by this institution at this time.
5. The maximum amount that you may withdraw using your ATM Card is $200 per business day. Additionally, you may only be able to withdraw cash in certain multiples, as indicated at each ATM.
There may be other limits imposed on the number of withdrawals you can make and the amounts you can withdraw within any period using The ATM ATMhines. Refer to the accompanying Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees for this information for your particular type of deposit account. Note also that the limits on your use of your ATM Card may be different at terminals owned by institutions other than us.
6. If you are to be charged for electronic fund transfers or the right to make transfers, those charges are listed on the enclosed Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees.
7. (a) You can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using a ATM ATMhine. (b) If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, you can call the phone number shown on the front page of these Terms and Conditions to find out whether or not the deposit has been made. (c) You will get a checking account statement monthly. You will also get a monthly savings account statement unless there were no transfers to or from your savings account in a particular month. In any case, you will get the savings account statement at least quarterly.
8. (a) If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here's how:
Call the phone number or write to the address shown on our locations page in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. Be sure to tell us the name of the person or company to whom the payment is scheduled to be made and the amount of the payment you wish to stop. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. You will be charged for each stop-payment order you give in accordance with the Consumer Schedule of Service Charges and Fees. (b) If these regular payments may vary in amount, we or the person you are going to pay will tell you 10 days before each payment when it will be made and how much it will be. You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set (c) If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
9. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our Customer Agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
(a) If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer; (b) If the transfer will go over the credit limit on your overdraft line if you have one; (c) If the ATM ATMhine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash; (d) If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer; (e) If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; or (f) If the transfer cannot be made because of legal restrictions affecting your account. There are other exceptions stated in the Customer Agreement below.
10. We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make: (a) where it is necessary for completing transfers; or (b) in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party such as, for example, a credit bureau, a merchant or another financial institution; or (c) in order to comply with government agency or court orders; or (d) in the investigation or prosecution of alleged fraudulent activity concerning your accounts; or (e) if you give us your permission.
11. IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS: Call the telephone number or write to the address shown on our locations page as soon as you can if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. (a) Tell us your name and account number (if any). (b) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information. (c) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we will require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
In most cases, we will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time in such cases, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do that, we will re-credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If, however, your complaint or question involves a transfer that was initiated outside of the United States (including territories and possessions) or that is a point-of-sale transaction effected through use of your ATM Card, the period within which we will tell you the results of our investigation is 20 business days after we hear from you or, at our option, 90 days thereafter if we re-credit your account within the 20 business day period. If in any case we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not re-credit your account. We will not re-credit your account if the account is subject to the margin requirements or other aspects of Regulation T of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
1. The signing of a signature card and/ or the request for or the use of a ATM Card shall indicate your assent to these Terms and Conditions and to any modification thereof. Any such modification shall become effective and be binding 15 days after notice of the modification is posted in our main office except where the Federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act provides otherwise.
2. In the event that you enter into an agreement with someone other than us to have direct deposits made into your account or to have automatic payments made from your account, we will not be obligated to you to accept such deposits or to make such payments and may at our option reject them unless we have received a pre-notification regarding such deposits or payments.
3. Final credit of all deposits and payments made by you at a terminal is subject to verification by us of the actual amounts deposited and paid (including conversion rates for foreign currencies), notwithstanding the figure shown on the receipt you received at the time of deposit or payment. Funds from any deposits (Cash or check) made by you at the terminal will be available to you pursuant to the terms and conditions of the funds availability policy applicable to your account. No payment made at a terminal will actually be made by us to the payee until verification of actual amounts paid, which, along with the time of transmittal to the payee, may take up to 3 business days.
4. Certain types of deposits, including but not limited to checks that are not properly endorsed, cannot be accepted at our terminals. We reserve the right to reject such deposits.
5. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to determine what bills may be paid by you at our terminals and to reject those payments which we have not agreed to accept. We also reserve the right to reject partial payments and any other payment not in an approved amount.
6. Credit card cash advances from a terminal and other loans made to you as a result of transactions by you at a terminal (such as an advance from your overdraft line of credit if you have one) are repayable, together with all charges due on such advances or loans, as provided in the terms and conditions of your credit card agreement or your loan agreement, whichever is applicable, as they may be amended from time to time.
7. Each ATM Card issued by us remains our property, is not transferable and may be cancelled or revoked by us at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or revocation your card must be surrendered to us upon demand. If you attempt to use your card after it has been cancelled or revoked it will be retained. For your protection, your ATM Card also may be retained in situations where it appears to us that there is or may be a danger of loss, theft or unauthorized use.
8. No electronic fund transfer may be made and no transaction that you attempt to initiate will be completed if your ATM Card is damaged, has expired, has been cancelled or revoked or is retained for any reason or your account has been closed.
9. You may not be able to use your ATM Card to make withdrawals from or transfers between your accounts, make deposits to your savings account, or have cash advances from your credit card account deposited into your checking account in the following cases: (a) Your checking account is overdrawn; (b) You have reached or your request would exceed the withdrawal limits referred to above in paragraph 5 of the Basic Disclosures; or (c) Your ATM Card is also a credit card and you are over you credit limit or otherwise not in good standing with regard to your use of your credit card.
10. If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account and have ordered us to stop one of those payments in the manner set forth above in paragraph 8 of the Basic Disclosures, we will, for your protection, refuse to honor any future request for payment by the particular person or company involved that is in the same amount as the payment which you ordered stopped. We will, however, honor and pay future requests for payment by that person or company that are not in the same amount as the payment you ordered stopped. If you wish to stop a payment that is in a different amount than the payment you originally ordered us to stop, you will have to give us a new stop-payment order.
11. We reserve the right at any time and without notice (except as may be required by the Federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act) to eliminate any or all of the services that currently are available to you by use of your ATM Card or to add new services.
12. To the extent applicable, the general Rules and Regulations governing your accounts with us also apply to your use of your ATM Card and to any electronic fund transfers made from or to your accounts. These Terms and Conditions will control, however, in the event of any conflict between the Rules and Regulations governing your accounts and the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
13. These Terms and conditions are subject to and governed by all applicable state and federal regulations and, from time to time, shall be deemed automatically amended to the extent necessary to comply therewith.
NOTICE REGARDING ATM FEES BY OTHERS (a) If you use an automated teller ATMhine that is not operated by us, you may be charged a fee by the operator of the ATMhine and/or by an automated transfer network.