Q. What is KFBillPay?
Q. How much does KFBillPay cost?
We do ask that you only sign up for this feature if you are going to use it. KFB will incur fees for this service and will not pass them on to the customer. Therefore, if you are not actively using this feature, after 90 days your User ID will be deleted.
Q. When and how are my payments processed?
A. Submitted, recurring or one time payments
- before 3:00 AM EST Monday-Friday will be processed at 3:00 AM EST.
- submitted between 3:00 AM EST and 1:00 PM EST will be processed at 1:00 PM EST.
- received after 1:00 PM EST on Monday-Thursday will be processed the next business day.
- received after 1:00 PM EST on Friday will be processed the next business day.
- scheduled to go on a weekend will be processed on the processing day before the weekend.
- All payments scheduled to go on a holiday will be processed the day before that date.
- Payments entered on the weekend will be processed on the next business day
Q. What happens if I have a scheduled payment that falls over a weekend or holiday?
Q. Can I use KFBillPay if I live outside the U.S.?
Q. Can I get a copy of a cancelled check?
Q. How long is history retained in the 'View Payment History' section?
Q. What happens if I lose or forget my ID or Pin?
Q. How far in advance should I set up a payment to ensure it is paid on time?
- For an electronic payment, allow 3 to 4 business days from when the payment is submitted for processing.
For a check payment - the check will be in the mail on the same day the payment is submitted if it is submitted before the 3 AM EST processing. If the check payment is entered before 1:00 PM EST, the check will be mailed the following morning. Allow 5 to 7 business days for a check payment.
Please note that we have no control over the U.S. Postal Service.
Q. Are there minimum and maximum payments amounts?
Check payments settle against your account like any other check and can be submitted up to $9,999.99.
Q, Whom can I pay through KFBillPay
A. You can pay anyone in the United States including,
- the next-door neighbor
- the utility company
- the bank
- a college student across country
Q. What do the status fields indicate on the 'Payment History' page?
- Processed - The payment has been processed and sent.
- Rejected NSF-The payment that you have tried sending has rejected due to Non-sufficient funds.
- Communication Failure-There was an error due to communication problems and your payment may need resubmitted.
- Vendor Refund - Payment rejected at KFBillPay.
Q. How far in advanced can I schedule payments?
Q. Can I have multiple payments to the same payee on the same day?
Q. Can I stop a payment?
Electronic payments cannot be stopped.
Q. How many payees may I have set up at once?
Q. Can I edit payee addresses?
Q. How do I know if a payee is electronic or check format?
Q. What payment frequencies are available?
A. You can set up payments in any of the following frequencies:
Q. When can you edit the dollar amount on a scheduled, recurring payment?
Q. Can I postdate recurring payments?
- If a monthly recurring payment is set up to be paid on the 15th and the current date is November 12th, a payment will be scheduled for the month of November and set up to occur the 15th of every month until the end date is reached.
- If the payment is set up to be paid on the 15th and the current date is November 16th, the first payment will occur on December 15th.
Q. Will the memo field I fill out when setting up a payment be passed on to the payee?
A. Yes, your memo will appear on paper check bill payments. The memo field is 40 characters long. Any amount over 40 characters will be cut off.
Memo field information will not appear on electronic payments.
Q. Are there any merchants that I cannot pay through KFBillPay?
A. No. Any merchant that is on KFBillPay’s database can go electronically. If a merchant is not on the list you may send the payment as a check. Make sure that you enter your merchant account number exactly the way it appears on your bill. If you choose a merchant on the electronic database that requires an address match, choose the correct remittance address listed on your bill.
No payments can be sent to payees outside of the U.S.
Q. When will the money be taken out of my account?
- For an electronic payment, funds are debited the same day that the payment is sent, providing it is sent by 1:00PM EST. Electronic payments submitted after 1:00PM EST are debited the next day during bill pay processing.
- Check payment funds are debited from the account when the check clears your account at the bank.
Q. What if I do not have enough money in my account?
- Check payments are handled in the same manner as a check written out of your checkbook against an insufficient balance and may be rejected or overdraft the account.
- Electronic payments are verified for funds availability during processing. If the funds are available, the account that you selected for the payment will be debited and the information sent on to KFBillPay for processing. If the funds are not available, the payment will not be processed and you will receive a message to inform you that the payment could not be sent due to insufficient funds. Each day the payment will resubmit until the funds are available or until you delete the payment.
Q. How late in the day can I enter, edit, or delete a payment?
Q. How do I apply?